View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
Not true; my aunt is a JW...she spends more time on the internet than I do. And as long as the gathering is not religious, she hangs out with everyone...when my Mom died, she did not go to the church service...but did attend the graveside one. My older Uncle, also a JW, did the same...even though the rest of the family tried to make a big deal out of it, my Dad and I told them to knock it off...at least they were there for us, they just did it in a way that kept with their beliefs. I personnaly do not hold with some of their ways...but I have nothing against how they choose to live their lives. They are Happy, which is what is important to me.
It is a matter of rule that JW's don't enter other churches but often exceptions are made for certain ceromonies. They are quite known for not making friends of the "world" because they are considered bad association, sometimes family does fit under that unbrella but it is a matter of an individuals conscience choice. It is not regulated by rules. So you wouldn't find a real JW who takes it seriously on the internet preaching.

What was that movie quote? I'm not sure where it's from.
"Sometimes the very young do not always do what they are supposed to."

All I know is that JW's as a rule are some of the nicest people I've ever met, consistently.