View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Ensign

hmm... I understand what you're going through... although I've been a Trekkie all my life (blame my brother and my dad. lol.) I thought I was gonna have a hard time making friends, but it was somewhat easy for me. I told my friends that I'm a Trekkie, but they don't care 'cause they don't believe in stereotypes. I found some friends who likes Star Trek... and I've had a boyfriend who is a Star Wars fan and a Trekkie. And yeah, I have or had friends who have never seen Star Trek at all. I took 2 of my friends who haven't seen Star Trek shows or movies at all to see the new Star Trek movie, and they loved it! They understand I love Star Trek so much, and now my friends wants to see all the Star Trek movies and TV shows I have on DVD.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on, but I'm sure you know what I meant. Anyway, you shouldn't feel bad about who you are. Don't listen what people tell you, don't let other people bring you down because you're different from them. Just be who you are. Never feel ashamed about anything.