View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Admiral

The best thing about Enterprise, I thought, was Trip. I thought the actor was great and the character was loose. I always felt the others were trying to fill someone else's shoes, maybe Gene Rodenberry's, to try to give us a new crew worthy of a new Enterprise, but to me it never quite clicked. Trip was the only character that seemed his own entity. I thought Archer had potential but he just never connected with the rest of the crew. In fact, the crew never connected and I think that was its first fault. Perhaps it was miscast. The actors are really quite good, they just never seemed to gel as a crew to me, that may be direction, writing, or just bad casting, but I do firmly believe the show's primary failings are in the casting. I'm not saying Bakula wouldn't be a good Captain, he had potential, I just think the rest of the crew were miscast.

It's like a bad band. If you have a bad band with a good drummer, you can still pull it off. Even if you have a show with not so great writing, you can still pull it off with decent casting in my opinion. Enterprise just didn't seem cast right to me.

Saquist, you liked Mayweather best? Really?

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"