View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
To me, the Xindi War was the point where I lost interest. It was just going back to what ruined Star Trek in the first place. As Guinan put it in "Yesterday's Enterprise", it's not a ship of war, it's a ship of peace. And Enterprise just HAD to go and pull a blatant Dominion War rip-off just when they were getting good on their own, didn't they? I'll say again, Star Trek is NOT about war, it has NEVER been about war. The only time war should be in Star Trek is if it is in an alternate dimension or if another species is at war, and the Federation is trying to make peace. Star Trek VI did a terrific job of portraying war in Trek. Enterprise just came off as depicting a bunch of redneck right-wing warmongers who "have to go get the terrorists." It was a poorly concealed metaphor for the September 11 attacks. In light of that event, Enterprise should have instead depicted the crew recollecting about how childish war is, instead of going to war themselves.

Sorry for the rant.
Did we watch the same show? I never saw a war on ENT. I did see the NX-01 seek out the species that attacked Earth in an attempt to stop another, but more deadly, attack. I then saw this "seek and destroy" mission turn into a successful first contact, at least with half the Xindi species.

I agree the attack on Earth was an obvious metaphor for the 9/11 attack, but how did the story arc end? You saw Archer actually TALK to and educate the "enemy". In the end those same "enemies" HELPED stop the attack. What war are you talking about?