View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
One thing I must point out. I am always attacked for "hating" this nuTrek movie. That is NOT entirely accurate. I enjoyed the movie. I enjoy action and hot babes. I enjoyed the characters and thought they "felt" like the characters I knew. I LOVED the dialog. What I felt was lacking is the same thing even people that LOVED the movie will admit was lacking, a "deeper" feel or meaning. That alone is NOT the reason why I feel this was poor Trek. I was surprised when I realized I HATED many details, such as the new engineering sets, and the way EVERYTHING about Trek had been changed. Damn it!! I miss the thrumming warp core and beam type phasers!! I am still a firm believer these changes were unnecessary and were NOT required in order to "reboot" the franchise or to make it more appealing to a mass audience since those unfamiliar with Trek would NOT have known the difference anyway! Whew... I actually said that last sentence in one breath while typing!! Oh, all the "holes" in the story and all the numerous "conveniences" got a bit annoying too.
Nah, I don't think I've ever gotten the impression that you truly hated the film; just more dissapointed, than anything.
Which is a shame, but hey.
I mean really, it's not like you've been sniping threads using "abramsdisaster" and what not.

At least, I don't think I've seen you grab a pitchfork yet.