View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Especially as not every single hour of Trek ever made examined the human condition or was cerebral anyway..
What about TV Trek would you say made it great, even if those aspects were in a minority of episodes?

Quote:
Plenty of it was far worse than anything in the new film..
I'm not quite as harsh when judging epoisodes. I actually think there are way more good episodes than bad ones. Maybe it's because I'm not a writer or educated enough that I am not as critical. What I don't understand is how you can be harsh with the episodes, yet NOT harsh with this movie. It's almost like your applying two sets of standards.

Quote:
Basically 'cerebral' Trek simply doesn't work on the big screen. It's not fitted for it. You have to put it on TV to get it. So if the movie is all action - that's fine by me.
I think this is why there are two sets of standards, one for TV and one for the big screen. Don't you think that may be why the movies didn't do so well? The fans of the TV series didn't support them because they lacked the TV qualities they cherished so much, and the average movie goer said "Not that 'nerdy' Trek again!"

Last edited by MrQ1701 : 05-30-2009 at 02:15 PM.