View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by R23 View Post
Didnt anyone else feel that the Turbo Lift's moved slightly too fast in this movie. Considering the distance the 'car' had to travel in both captain Robau and Spock's scene it was crazy fast. It must go over 100mph and had no affect on the occupant (even when it changes direction from going up and down the ship to along it).

Spock was in the lift like 2 seconds to go the entire height of the ship! I also noticed the great seemless camera take were he left the shuttle bay and entered the bridge with no cut of camera angle change in the film. Either clever CGI or the lift set was built on rollers to switch it over to the next set.

Im used to TNG style lifts were your in there for so long there usually alot of dialogue!
I have no idea how they did that, and didn't even pick it up until it was mentioned here.

This movie set the new standard for SFX, whereas previously I thought Transformers did.

God I love that shot from way above showing The Enterprise weaving thru the debris! It was too short, just like I would've liked to see the woman sucked out of the Kelvin a couple of seconds longer.

"I'll never lose you!"