View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanis View Post
A prequel to "Alien" might work. Maybe what was the derelict ship (clearly neither a human or predator ship) from the first movie, etc. However I have my doubts it will be done well.

IMO, Alien was a great movie. Aliens was done well. Predator was good. Then every other movie related to that universe has ranged from terrible to watchable if you are a fan. I think fan's could partially enjoy Predator 2 and the Alien vs Predator(s). I think Alien 4 might have been one of the worse movie's I've ever seen.

So the only reason I would be against a prequel is 3 good movies out of 8 is not a good franchise record. I think Highlander is the only other sci-fi related franchise I would trust less.
Not sure if OP was questioning a reboot or a prequel. I would be against a reboot, and might not go to see a movie that reboots a stand-alone classic.

I can understand making everything Aliens 3 & 4 into a Ripley dream.

In addition, really AVP 1 & 2 were both prequels to all the Alien movies, and took place after Predator 1 & 2. In addition, AVP 1 & 2 were not worthy as Alien prequels.

So if the reboot does not effect Alien, Aliens, and Predator, I would almost welcome it. If it is a remake of Alien, then the producers should be banned to "Space 1999" hell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_1999

Last edited by thanis : 05-30-2009 at 01:51 AM.