View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
I see one huge difference between Trek and Wars, while loving both; in Trek the good guys are secular humanists like Roddenberry was, in Wars the good guys are religious spiritualists (Jedi) with trained martial arts combat skills.
Well thats true. Trek has a distinct lack of religion among humans... so far as to call it myth. I'm not a religious person myself but perhaps GR was hoping in the future it will be gone or highly suppressed. An overstatement I am sure but it would have been good if in all these years there was just one major catholic/buddhist/muslim/jewish character. Pick one. I dont mean making a big deal about it just a backstory with some minor story elements. Maybe one celebrating Easter or noon prayer.

Well now that I think about it... its funny but the one major character that has religious/spiritual undertones is the highly logical Spock. Vulcans are highly advanced yet have a very spiritual culture with things like resurection of the body, high priests/priestess's and eternal spirits. A huge character element that adds to the role as opposed to Kirk. In TNG and later Klingons are quite religious also. But never humans from Earth (maybe all humans?). Its interesting.