View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneiko Katratze View Post
I´ve seen it...

The positive and the negative has already been posted by others.

What do I have to say?

My alltime favorite ST-character (Bones) made me goosepimples at his first appearence. Karl Urban was so f***ing good with his performance, his german voice was another thing. Can´t wait for the DVD to watch the original version.
Here, here!

Quote:
STXI is a true Trek-movie. And it´s canon, very canon! The alternate timeline perspective has gone, where no movie has gone before. I really could feel, what it means to be in a differend timeline, because I know and love the "old" Trek. There were Movies with alternate timelines outside of Star Trek, but these Movies did not have this background. There has never been a world to be chanched with decades of mainly good storytelling to back it up. This works only with Star Trek, and only with this movie. This was my strongest feeling after leaving the theatre.
Agreed. I love time travel sci-fi in general, my all time favorite (apart from Trek) is "The Final Countdown". It made perfect sense with these people still exist and share their original destinies but have to take different roads to get there.
Time Line Aside

Quote:
But there were three things I really disliked:

1: The shaky camera. I can´t understand the reason behind this.
This trend in TV shows, commercials and all things video drives me nuts. That said, I didn't think it was overdone here.
[/quote]

Quote:
2: The icemonster.
I loved it for no other reason than my wife came plumb out of her seat.

Quote:
3: Chekov. But this can be better next time.

Go and watch it, it´s a great experience! It´s much mor than just fun...
Here we could enter into a debate about what is overdone and what is characterization. Chekov was always an over the top character and in this movie, his endearing quality of technical wizardry while still being tentative and new.

They crammed a whole lot of story into two hours. Very, very good.
I Thess 5:21

"There is an old Vulcan saying, only Nixon could go to China." - Spock

"Space is disease and danger, wrapped up in darkness and silence." - Leonard McCoy