View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
Anyone. Does the Enterprise score direct hits on the Narada with her phasers or photon torpedos or is it just those missile they are firing at coming at them and is Pike giving the orders to fire on her? When Nero says in the trailer "Fire Everything!!" which ship is he firing at? Also do we see any shield effects?

Only after the Narada is crippled by the red Matter and Kirk offers a peaceful end, (which nero refuses) does the enterprise launch everything she has at her. When Nero yells fire everything, it's when young Spock is piloting the Jellyfish to ram the Narada.

I didnt see any shield impacts, and I think that was explained, 1 hit took out the shields pretty much. The Narada's borg enhanced weapons went through the shields like it was nothing. Hence the shields were never really visable after the first strike. After the encounter with the Narada, the Enterprise pretty much avoids direct contact with it, even going as far as to hide in saturn's orbit to mask her from the Naradas sensors.

I'm amazed the Kelvin survived that long for 800 people to get off board asap!

One thing that did kinda stand out... the transporter...... When could you beam at such long distances. Star Trek 6.... The enterprise nearly had to be in orbit around the planet were the Kit. Accord was to be signed to transport down and save the president. Remember spock counting down till they were with in transporter range? Or did Scotty come up with his special formula after star trek 6????