View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Commander

No forum lasts forever, but hopefully this one will last a few years. After the film, I'll check in from time to time to see how things are going, but I've been posting intensely and paying rapt attention to keep abreast of this film and what it would be like. I did this with another series of films a few years back and I just can't keep up like I used to. Any of you who care will see me turn up again from time to time, but nothing like I've been doing since this thing started. From the reviews, Star Trek (XI) looks to be a well made, well acted, exciting and entertaining film. That's half of what I wanted it to be, I suppose getting half of what you want really isn't all that bad. But some of the proported changes to the essence of Star Trek are troubling to me, but i'll decide for myself if that's true come May 8th. If it turns out to be so, there will be little interest for me in any sequel. Because it's Star Trek that I loved, and if this film isn't part of that, then there's no need for me to follow this "new vision" any farther. I'll just watch the Trek I fondly remember, and leave it at that. I'm just too old and set in my ways to change now.