View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPQ View Post
several errors and gaffes in this one
Yep, but name an episode of the series or any of the movies that are error and gaffe free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
A vast majority of first season TNG sucks...
I'd have to disagree with that personally, many of the standalone episodes in season 1 and 2 are a lot more interesting than most of the standalone ones of seasons 6 and 7 - only in 3,4,5 are they really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
I remember seeing this episode and wondering how the Ent-D could fit through the same doors that the original 1701 barely eeked through in TSFS.
It's a larger structure than the Earth station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
The Enterprise arriving and leaving spacedock in this episode was awesome for small screen. It reinforced the idea that TNG was working with "motion picture" quality visual FX for television. Granted, for the first season, a lot of those visuals were a little hokey, but the spacedock sequence was great.

Obviously, as the show progressed, the stories and the visuals only got better. I was thoroughly impressed with the Klingon battle in "Redemption Pt. 1"...extremely ambitious visual FX for its time.
I thought so as well at the time, especially the space effects. I enjoy watching the evac and departure sequence here as much as the TSFS one.

(11001001 is among favourite season 1 eps for me, gaffes regardless!!)

courtesy of Saquist