View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyDave View Post
Wow. That's selling Alias so short I don't even know where to start! Alias is the best series of its type, period. It's the most densely plotted show I've ever seen - more happens in a single episode of Alias than happens in a single episode of most shows, and yet they still find time for effective character development - and frankly makes the Bond films and their ilk look like unimaginative river-bed dredgings. And I like Bond!

There's nothing wholly original in this world - even the much-heralded Lost is an amalgam of a number of other shows, as was The X Files, the rebooted Galactica and a slew of other recent 'classic' shows. I'm not saying everything Abrams and co touch turns to gold (witness the witless and hopelessly imitative Fringe, which if there's any justice at all will get canned in a few months), but as far as I'm concerned, Abrams gets a free pass purely based on Alias, which is as close to unimpeachable as anything I've ever seen...
I can live with that.