Thread: Inconsistencies
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Commander

*The new movie is literally starting over before TOS and changing things from the very beginning and trying to make us believe that the events of TOS and everything that came after never happened - Re-Boot.*
We've gone over this before. Yes, it is a re-boot without trying to be an openly done re-boot. Remember I did say pay close attention.

I'm saying it's not that different than what happened with TNG.
TNG had ulterior motives and bad-blood between creator and studio.
This new movie has bad-blood between studios themselves.
Both move forward "technically" in time, which is why the TNG movie connection (Nemesis I presume) is being utilized as the springboard to go back and start anew. Following that logic, to get to the new movie you can view the previous history as "set-up". The difference is what is available to use visualization-wise. This is your main point of repeatedly stressed contention. We get your point. I'm not sure why you don't understand the reality of the situation.
Fan demands ****will not change this**** no matter how much is said over and over and over and over (and over).

Unless I use the quote function, what I write is usually in response to the previous poster.*

Good to know. Thank you for the clarification.