View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I think the problem I have with that view is that it's extremely oversimplistic. A toaster is the same basic shape as a delivery truck, when you get all lackadaisical about it. Don't expect to see me trying to load my furniture into the toaster when moving day rolls around.
Somehow, I don't think anyone is ever going to mistake a toaster for a Mack truck. Something to do with wheels and size, I suspect.

As for being lackadaisical, that implies a lack of caring, which is certainly not the case. Perhaps I'm just a little more flexible in my views than some others.

The point I was trying to convey is that I tend to take a "Big Picture" view of continuity where Trek is concerned. I'm not going to get worked up about a tricorder having blue buttons instead of red, the warp nacelles being slightly tapered or Kirk either knowing or not knowing how to drive. The crew names are correct, the Ship looks about right, the technology is at the same level, and the history is mostly right. That's good enough for me.

Worf - "Die."

Last edited by Observer : 01-11-2009 at 02:33 AM.