View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnyder4 View Post
*I'm curious to find out what others include in their "Canon" or if it matters to them at all. I myself never gave it much thought before becoming a member of this forum. But I'm a fan and not a fanatic, so my canon is that I accept pretty much everything that has the name Star Trek on it.*
Interesting and admirable attitude.
To me, it matters not a whit.
For me, it matters quite a lot. Everything under the same roof is supposed to at least have an effort applied to make it all the same property. That means a shared history, to the best of the abilities of the people involved in producing it.

Yes, there are going to be slip-ups. As long as there is an effort to avoid them, I'm happy. There appears to be no effort involved with this project in that regard, and that strikes me as lazy and dismissive; I don't produce lazy, dismissive work myself, and I won't support lazy, dismissive work from those who want my money.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."