View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Now, I know the Enterprise construction sequence from teaser trailer was supposedly not going to be used in the film but...

...I have been studying the two versions of the Enterprise construction as seen in the first teaser trailer and the shot of Kirk sitting on his motorcycle viewing the construction. There are differences... The city skyline for example (San Francisco) the scaffolding, the straighter nacelle pylons, the flatter area of the secondary hull between the pylons.

...what if the construction sequence from the teaser trailer is that of the TOS style E (with slight modifications) and it is used at the end of the film...

...Thus we would have a shot of the familar E being constructed in the San Francisco shipyards as a way of showing that the timelines has returned to normal...

It's a bit of a stretch, but...
I don't think it is a stretch. I had a similar thought in a recent thread and I think your theory is awesome!

I can't help but feel that JJ Abrams etc. al. has a surprise or two up their collective sleeves that will bring many of the snip-its we saw in the trailer together in a way that is pleasing to many (likely not all) of the long-time fans.

Speculation NOT SPOILER