View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
Thanks. I think I need to pick up both of them.
What about the Borg/V'Ger connection? Is that explored at all?
V'Ger is a story element that has always fascinated me. I've always wished that it would be explored more in depth. I would love to see a TNG story where the crew has an encounter with the merged V'Ger/Decker entity. And, of course, I would love to know much more about V'Ger's origin, particularly since there seems to be some sort of tie-in with the Borg. I'm particularly fond of the idea that V'Ger created the Borg as a means to more completely fulfill its own programming; learn all that is learnable. I love the paradox in that the Federation's greatest enemy/threat in the 24th century may have been born as a result of our own creation way back in the 20th century.

In the following book of that series, "Ashes of Eden" or it could be "Avenger" Either one I believe it has been a long time since I have read them...anyway Spock is captured by the Romulan /Borg and is of no further use to the Romulans. Subsequently is now handed over to the Borg for assimilation. Upon begining the process of assimilation a scan of Spock determines he has already been assimilated into the borg collective and has been st free. A simple query by Spock to the Borg data base concludes that Spock has already thought patterns closely resembling that of the borg due to his mind meld with V'Ger