View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:03 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordisaiah View Post
It depends on how flexible you are with Chekov. I can certainly accept him being on the ship during the Khan incident and therefore covering the issue in TWOK with Khan recognizing him when he wasn't in the episode. But unless they manage to at least imply that Chekov is the brightest freshman cadet ever, I don't see how they're going to cover the fact that he's supposed to be a good 12 years younger than Kirk.
I can almost deal with Chekov being on the ship with the rest of the crew. But if he is supposed to be at least 12 yrs younger than Kirk, how come he is in a command gold uniform while Kirk is still in a black cadet shirt? And if you really want to get nitpicky, if this movie is supposed to be set between the events of "The Cage" and "WNMHGB", then Chekov, McCoy and Uhura shouldn't even be in it. In "The Cage", the only TOS main character present was Spock. And in "WNMHGB", the only TOS characters we saw were Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and Sulu. I know, one could argue that we didn't see these other characters because they were "just not on the bridge during the action". But in the case of McCoy, Pike's doctor was Boyce and in WNMHGB, Kirk's doctor was Piper. No McCoy in either of these episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybock View Post
Beside not having the Davey Jones Monkee Do (I like the curly hair better), does his character really belong in this movie seeing that he was not introduced in TOS until season 2?
Again, he could have been a crewman, midshipman, or ensign in season 1 and pretty much confined to the lower decks until season two when he was assigned to the bridge crew. But that sure doesn't explain how he outranks Kirk.