View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Lieutenant

BTW, while I was thinking about Star Trek, and the redesign for the need, I was drawn to a book, "Best Destiny" by Diane Carey...the team that wrote "Final Frontier". Both books have been referenced as inspiration by Orci and Kurtzman for the script of the new movie. I noticed that at some point in the past, I highlighted a passage in the book. It's a Walt Whitman poem that's on a plaque on Starbase One (which, in the book, is implied to be the orbital Space Dock from the movies III, IV, V, and VI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Whitman
"Sail forth-steer for the deep waters only,
Reckless O soul, exploring. I with thee and thou with me.
For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go.
And we will risk the ship, ourselves, and all."
I accept "Star Trek"'s explanation that he is merely excited by the prospect of "rediscovering" Star Trek. But, in defense of all of us whom love the old design. We are just waiting for something from the new design. Once again, Diane Carey said it best in "Best Destiny"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Carey
Ships were like that. Something had changed in the ship's heart. Suddenly she wanted to be part of him instead of the other way around.
I think a lot of us "old timers" may be feeling that...we're waiting for the ship to want us to accept her.

Last edited by lordisaiah : 12-06-2008 at 03:13 PM.