View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybock View Post
Thank you so much, it was great finding out more about Capt. Pike. Really sad that Jeffrey Hunter died before he could play pike again. Interesting that he passed on the role after the first pilot but I can't Imagine Shatner not being on TOS and I'm glad he was Kirk and not recast as Pike.
The backstory on that is: Hunter's wife didn't want him taking the role because until that point, Jeff was known for doing movies, and she wanted him to continue in that vein (she thought TV was beneath him). Unfortunately, that is what led to his demise. He died of a cerebral hemorrhage after hitting head during a stunt on a movie set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
I have a bad feeling that Pike is going to die in Star Trek XI. Any thoughts on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
Not to mention that TOS absolutely contradicts that Pike dies. The transfer of Enterprise command is a standard move after Pike's final five-year mission.

I don't think we can use TOS history to predict what happens in this movie anymore. I hope he doesn't, because that would completely invalidate not just one, but 2 TOS episodes. At this point, I'd be disappointed but not surprised.