View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise Captain View Post
I'm sure some people that don't really understand Star Trek are intimidated by fans that do and if no one explains it to them they may not want to watch the show. I singled you out because of this comment you made:

Would you really want to watch a show after someone said that to you? Don't get me wrong I'm not saying you are one of these fans that thinks they are better then the "average" person but I have meet some of these people and the way some folks on this board write they seem to fall in that category as well. When I meet those fans I feel that it's because of them Trekkies are given a bad name and why I have to always explain to non Star Trek fans we are not all like that. Don't forget the amount of Star Trek material out there I'm sure intimidates people and makes them not even want to get started, plus all the detail nitpicking. I agree with the rest of your point about reality TV but to each there own.
Ok. I am probably too aggressive at times. I will put on my dunse cap and sit in the corner now!