View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
I've never read any of the star trek books. That sounds interesting. What's the best book or at least one that'd be good to read first?
You know, they're all pretty good with an occasional snoozer. I think most of the older Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager books were stand alones for the most part, but over the last decade there's been more storylines that continue into the next novel. There's literally hundreds of books out there to choose from with all the series combined, but a book I can highly recommend is Star Trek: Voyages Of The Imagination which gives a breakdown of most of the books to come along in the last 30 years. If you want to read books with original casts that aren't too far along as of yet, then I recommend Peter David's Star Trek New Frontier series with about 17 novels to date (including crossovers), Star Trek Vanguard series (3 books), Star Trek Titan (the further adventures of Will Riker and Deanna Troi after they left the Enterprise-4 novels), and Deep Space Nine and Star Trek Voyager both have had "Relaunch" series that take their storylines on past the ends of the shows. I know I'm kind of haphazard with all these descriptions, but there are just so many out there, but I've enjoyed most. I do definitely recommend Star Trek: Voyages Of The Imagination though to let you know what's all out there.