Thread: I See Red!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Captain

Very worried, here. And I will say again that it is not because of the ship or the uniforms or the bridge (well, maybe a little because of the bridge) but mostly because of the footage that was described earlier. My point is that to accept this new movie as canon is to invalidate 40 of previous Trek history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcrawford View Post
I remember well when TMP came out, as a kid I thought that the new Enterprise was the coolest thing I had ever seen, I did not care about the fact that it looked different, the same is true of the bridge and the Klingon ships. Granted I did not care for the uniforms, but then that was not the point of the film

That is what other people have brought up as well, but I think an important difference here is that TMP represented the future of TOS whereas this film is supposed to represent it very recent past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Isn't that exactly what they are trying to do, at the expense of existing fans?
But I will not boycott the film because that will not serve any purpose. Moreso out of curiosity, I want to see how they pull this off. If I am going to criticize something, I at least should see the final product. All my mouthing off to date is presumptive, I agree, but I think I have seen and read enough evidence to justify it.