View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Default To put it another way...

Gunny-Alternate version of 'Voyager'

Second-to-last episode, entitled 'The Finest Hour, Part II...'

EXT. SHOT
VOYAGER, badly damaged and throwing sparks, harried by a dozen smaller ships firing weapons, slowly passes screen from left to right...

SEVEN OF NINE
(Having suffered complete failure of all Borg systems by a Borg-specific 'dampening field' from the ALIEN SOCIETY, kept alive by the EMS risking decompilation of his program by acting as her central nervous system...)
System failures rapidly extending- attemption to compenstae...
(In EMH voice)
...bypass just as if it's open-heart surgery, but they never taught this at Starfleet medical... damnit, I'm a Docter, not a...
(in 'Seven' Voice)
...System failures contained, systems badly comprimised....
(In both voices)
......but holding....
(EMH)
...for now.

CAPTAIN JANEWAY is sprawled, wounded, on the command couch - CHAKOTAY, holding a phaser, is covering her with his own body, facing off against THE REALISTS holding the bride at gun-point.

JANEWAY
Fire phasers!; quantum torpadoes, full spread...!

TUVOK
Phasers inoperative, Captain. One torpedo remaining - magnetic launchers are damaged, however. Capacitors charging to fire, Captain. ...they will take twelve-point three seconds to cycle....

VOYAGER shakes under effects of weapons.

JANEWAY
(Ignores phaser rifles aimed at her - pushes CHACKOTAY's sheilding body aside, stands up.)
Come to three-seven-fout-point...!

HARRY KIM
Impulse drive just went down, Ma'am...!

SEVEN OF NINE
Warp coils damaged, Captain - short-order warp-bursts possible, but long-ranged warp-drive inoperaple...
(EMH voice)
...of course.

TUVOK
Aft sheilds down... foreward sheilds holding at thrity-one - Incoming commuication, Captain...

INT. of bridge, main viewscreen:

ALIEN COMMANDER
Attention Federation vessel - drop sheilds and prepare to be boarded. Do not attempt to resist - you, the ship, and the crew are our prizes of war...

Brief pause....

JANEWAY
(Muttered)
...damned if I'll give up the ship...
(Shouted)
Mister Paris - self destruct protocol, Janeway Alpha Seven-Niner-Two Omega Five!

TOM PARIS
Ma'am...?!

B'Elanna
(In Maquis outfit, holding Phase Rifle on Tom)
What...!?
Oh - sure, Starfleet! You do that! You've always wanted her to die... you never could stand compatition! Ever since I've been Chief Engineer, you've wanted to kill her! That's whay you... you... laughed at her! Why you... you...

TUVOK
(Dryly)
...risked his life to obtain the Phase Inverter you needed.

PARIS and B'ELANNA, chorused:
(looking at TUVOK)
How did YOU know...
(Look at each other)
YOU knew...?!

(Flashback - season 3, episode 9: B'Elanna, gaping, recieves the Phase INverter from the hand of an unseen person who has just run through phaser-fire to deliver the device B'Elanna has just spent the entire episode trying to wheel-and-deal through increasingly bizarre and difficult demands. Unlike the episode, the camera now pans up - to reveal TOM PARIS as her 'saviour... ...and pans back down his arm to the Phase Inverter, showing B'Elanna, looking at his reflection in the surface... )

B'ELANNA drops her phase rifle - PARIS begins tapping the keys frantically.

JANEWAY
(To KIM)
Let me talk to them, Mister Kim...
(To SCREEN)
Attention - this is Captain Katheryn Janeway of the Federation Starship Voyager - rather than allow this ship to fall into enemy hands, I have initiated self-destruct protocols. Mr. Kim, leave the chanel open...

COMPUTER
Ten... Nine... Eight...

Many of the crew look suprised, then worried - the OPPORTUNISTS start to raise their weapons - then back down at the looks from CHAKOTAY and B'ELANNA...

COMPUTER
...Seven ...Six...

B'ELANNA
(Softly)
Tom...

PARIS
(Smiling gently)
B'Elanna...

COMPUTER
...Five ...four ...three...

CHAKOTAY
(To JANEWAY)
Kathryn... I should have told you - I...

COMPUTER
...one - zero.

The program PARIS entered activates - and VOYAGER fires it's last torpedo at the ALIEN FLAGSHIP, the jumps into warp...