View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
The bridge has been changed in each of the six movies, while the basic shape and design idea remained. From the very little we can see of the bridge, it seems like the new design stays with that philosophy.
And don't forget that we don't know in which timeframe that picture belongs, if the main part of the story happens e.g. five years before TOS (to explain the young charactors and create a time period for potential sequels) the interior may look different from an in-universe perspective because the E gets a refit between this movie and TOS just like before TMP and before WOK and before TUC.
Except that five years before TOS would have been roughly the time between The Cage and WNMHGB, and this bridge takes a WILD design detour between two different but essentially very similar looks. It'd be a little like someone offering to show you some of the great past designs of Porche 911s -- and in between the 1988 and 1990 models on display is a 2009 model that's been labeled a 1989 model.

What do you say to the person pulling that one on ya?
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."