The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Star Trek Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Your Favorite Star Trek Moment? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99)

Borg08 01-31-2008 07:51 AM

Your Favorite Star Trek Moment?

What was your favorite Star Trek moment? Mine was the cliffhanger of TNG's "Best of Both Worlds pt. 1". It sent chills down my spine to hear Riker say, "Fire!".

Aelora 01-31-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg08 (Post 1217)
What was your favorite Star Trek moment? Mine was the cliffhanger of TNG's "Best of Both Worlds pt. 1". It sent chills down my spine to hear Riker say, "Fire!".

ITA. It also marked the first time I'd ever become so emotionally involved in a TV show. If only my parents had seen the warning signs, they would have taken my TV away from me when they had the chance! :D

njdss4 01-31-2008 09:15 AM

For me I think it's all of "Yesterday's Enterprise" from TNG. It incorporates everything I love about Star Trek. Time travel, alternate timelines, main characters dying, it was great!

Stef* 01-31-2008 09:29 AM

When Spocks lifts his eyebrow in a very sceptical and dumbfounded mood about us humans, as he did in "Squire of Gothos" in the very last scene with Kirk on the bridge and to see Kirks reaction of this.

This are little treasures of Trek-Moments for me. They are all TOS.

Redshirt Bob 01-31-2008 11:18 AM

"Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many... outweigh..."
"The needs of the few."
"Or the one."

"Of my friend, I can only say this. Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."

tomalak301 01-31-2008 11:24 AM

There are so many great moments, so I will say one that never gets a mention. The end of Duet when Marritza confesses that why he altered his appearance was to force Cardassia to admit their crimes for the occupation. Then the Bajoran stabs him and the reaction from Kira was really tragic. Outstanding scene in an outstanding episode.

Doctor Bigglesworth 01-31-2008 11:50 AM

From the climactic moment in "The Drumhead"...
Picard: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we’re all damaged.

Admiral Satie: How dare you! You who consort with Romulans! Invoke my father's name in support of your traitorous arguments! It is an affront to everything I hold dear. And to hear his name used to subvert the United Federation of Planets. My father was a great man... his name stands for principle, and integrity... you dirty his name when you speak it! He loved the Federation! But, you captain, corrupt it! You undermine our very way of life! I will expose you for what you are! I've brought down bigger men than you, Picard!

VADBAXTER 01-31-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdss4 (Post 1412)
For me I think it's all of "Yesterday's Enterprise" from TNG. It incorporates everything I love about Star Trek. Time travel, alternate timelines, main characters dying, it was great!

That is mine as well. I also enjoyed seeing the NCC-1701-B in the ship yard! :D:D

WilburWood 01-31-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njdss4 (Post 1412)

Yes, one of the top 5 TNG eps.

starbase Britain 01-31-2008 12:03 PM

almost too many to mention. i love kirks final captains log in star trek 6. very moving. so many iconic images from the original seires. the two heroes leaping through the guardian of forever, the classic beam down sequence and landing party. i can think of dozens. a feast of magic moments.

starbase Britain