The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Enterprise (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What Do You Think Happened To Archer After The Series? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9897)

Zardoz 10-27-2009 05:48 AM

What Do You Think Happened To Archer After The Series?

Ok, we know what happened "10 years" later. But what did he do in those 10 years?:D

chator 10-27-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 273779)
Ok, we know what happened "10 years" later. But what did he do in those 10 years?:D

This doesn't have to be a mystery Zardoz, a few post Enterprise novels have appeared.

Zardoz 10-27-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chator (Post 273893)
This doesn't have to be a mystery Zardoz, a few post Enterprise novels have appeared.

Novels are what ifs and can be good ones. Just wondered what other fans thought.:D

Captain Tom Coughlin 10-27-2009 02:14 PM

In the way they crafted Enterprise they didn't leave a lot of room for it, but I would think that the Earth/Romulan war would have certainly been what he was up too. I would imagine that he would be the commanding officer of any fleet operations in the war.

horatio 10-27-2009 03:03 PM

I agree, the two (or three in case the third one was finished when the war break out) NX-class starships are the most advanced human ships and humankind probably focused on quantity, i.e. smaller, slower but hopefully armed-to-the-teeth ships during the war.
These kind of ships would also fit Spock's descriptions in "Balance of Terror".

Roysten 10-27-2009 03:40 PM

The war will have taken up a lot of Enterprises time I imagine, perhaps Archer got promoted to a similar position that Sisko did in Season 6 of DS9, overseeing fleet movements and strategy. Then after the war returning to Enterprise or helping push the alliance between Vulcan, Andoria etc.

Is nice to think he got married to Hernandez, though didn't see any ring in These are the voyages

Zardoz 10-28-2009 04:46 AM

So you guys think Archer would have still commanded the ENT into the Earth/Romulan war?

I agree the NX ships would have been forefront of any Earth Collaition vangaurd.

Wonder if the Vulcans helped out by letting go of soem of their more advanced technologies to help out in this war?

Captain Tom Coughlin 10-28-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 274532)
So you guys think Archer would have still commanded the ENT into the Earth/Romulan war?

I agree the NX ships would have been forefront of any Earth Collaition vangaurd.

Wonder if the Vulcans helped out by letting go of soem of their more advanced technologies to help out in this war?

I think Enterprise would have been the flagship during fleet operations during the war, and Archer would have commanded the fleet from Enterprise as he has the most deep space/combat experience in Starfleet at the time.

horatio 10-29-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 274532)

I think that the allies of humankind are a key question in any story ideas about the war. Why is the UFP founded afterwards if they fight mainly on their own? Why is it called Earth-Romulan War if it involves all of the four races?
Perhaps Earth was the main target of the Romulans and the other three species were only drawn in afterwards. Another attempt of the Romulans to infiltrate governments or to create dissent among them might have been successful, I doubt that they would attack a stable Coalition of Planets.

So I guess that mankind was on its own at first. Yet there is one Vulcan and one Andorian (the producers intended to make Shran a crewmember of the NX-01) aboard who might have reached out to their people.

Pitty the show was cancelled when it was about to become really good.

Commodore 10-29-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horatio (Post 274358)
I agree, the two (or three in case the third one was finished when the war break out) NX-class starships are the most advanced human ships and humankind probably focused on quantity, i.e. smaller, slower but hopefully armed-to-the-teeth ships during the war.
These kind of ships would also fit Spock's descriptions in "Balance of Terror".

I like to think that the Daedalus-class began its existence during the Romulan Wars as a easy to mass-produce, no-frills Earth design that remained in service after the Federation was formed as a much needed "a dime a dozen" workhorse...

...whereas the NX-class was discontinued after only ten years because it was a more elaborate and harder to mass-produce design that perhaps couldn't be modified to accept the new Warp 7 engines being developed at the time.