The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Humor in Star Trek XI. (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988)

Berengarius7 03-08-2008 09:57 PM

Humor in Star Trek XI.

The ripped shirt thread brought a question to my mind. We don't want pratfalls and slapstick anywhere near this film do we? I can only speak for myself, but i want any humor to be subtle and appropriate. I really don't want to see overt kindergarten tom foolery, just situations and dialog humor to break the tension every so often. I can't explain it any better than that, but i think you guys know what i'm trying to say.

the_tortel! 03-08-2008 10:09 PM

yeah, I'd like to see light humor, like TOS had w/McCoy+Spock argumnets, and the like
ya know, clean(for the most part) classic little things like when Kirk, Spock and Bones would have their little talks at the end of most episodes
those were good

Elizadolots 03-08-2008 10:09 PM

I think Star Trek 4 and Star Trek 5 gave us enough of the pratfall humor...I want humor, yes, but I want it to be character based and intelligent.

the_tortel! 03-08-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizadolots (Post 23036)
I think Star Trek 4 and Star Trek 5 gave us enough of the pratfall humor...I want humor, yes, but I want it to be character based and intelligent.

yeah, that's what i wanted to hear!
Eliza you just got buddy-listed!

Saquist 03-08-2008 10:26 PM

Yes I concur I won't intelligent humor. The fish out of water humor in Star Trek IV was great and idea oportunity for the time travel and in cognito but this should be more mysterious and puzzlling, humor would be ill place in this movie done frequently enough for us to remember. This isn't "The Mummy".

It should be about as "humorous" as ST:6.

sir num nums 03-08-2008 11:24 PM

I agree as well.

A funny comment here or there like Bones and Kirk normally do with each other. Or the sarcastic things Scotty says under his breath.

Pxer 03-09-2008 03:11 PM

Just as long as it's not as lame as the Insurrection humor, I'm happy.

Ready Room 03-09-2008 03:44 PM

For sure, add in the humor!

Saquist 03-09-2008 05:16 PM

Yeah a couple of one liners...sure but not corny.
Their relationship if it's in the begining could be more indept in the begining.

Elizadolots 03-09-2008 08:54 PM

If we don't get at least a couple of fabulous Spock-McCoy debates (which are always hysterical) I'll be disappointed....it's perfectly possible to have these characters make very funny comments without devolving into pratfalls.

An example would be the early scenes in Voyage Home...McCoy and Spock are hillarious....but then, later, they're running through hospital corridors to funny music...

More of the former, none of the latter would be my vote.