The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sports (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97)

Borg08 01-31-2008 07:46 AM

Sports

I know it's unrelated to Trek, but what's everyone's favorite sport? Do you have one, and if so, what's your favorite team? I personally am a football (soccer to Americans) fan. My favorite club is Arsenal F.C. of England.
How about everyone else?

Derek Kessler 01-31-2008 07:47 AM

I enjoy American football, but really only College football (they aren't overpaid brats like pro ball).

Borg08 01-31-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Kessler (Post 1209)
I enjoy American football, but really only College football (they aren't overpaid brats like pro ball).

What's your favorite college?

Derek Kessler 01-31-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg08 (Post 1213)
What's your favorite college?

*points at top right corner of post*
University of Cincinnati. We aren't the best, but we put our hearts into it (not to mention that having a new coach helps a lot). I'm also a fan-by-birth of Ohio State University, though they've been over-rated as of late.

Pxer 01-31-2008 08:31 AM

I love the 4 major American pro sports.

Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins. Go Boston, and good luck this week in the SB Pats!

Borg08 01-31-2008 08:34 AM

So that's Basketball, Baseball, Football, and which other one? I'm sorry to tell you, but NASCAR is now solidly in the top four.

Derek Kessler 01-31-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg08 (Post 1304)
So that's Basketball, Baseball, Football, and which other one? I'm sorry to tell you, but NASCAR is now solidly in the top four.

*cries*

Borg08 01-31-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Kessler (Post 1338)
*cries*

Don't like it? Yeah, a lot of people don't. I'm actually a big fan of it, but I can understand why people say it's boring. Of course, I find football (soccer) and NASCAR interesting and Baseball boring, so make of me what you will.

Derek Kessler 01-31-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borg08 (Post 1368)
Don't like it? Yeah, a lot of people don't. I'm actually a big fan of it, but I can understand why people say it's boring. Of course, I find football (soccer) and NASCAR interesting and Baseball boring, so make of me what you will.

Don't worry, baseball really is boring. Unless you can make a game in person, in which case it's a good excuse for a nap in the outdoors. NASCAR's only good for when things go boom. :D

Borg08 01-31-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Kessler (Post 1394)
NASCAR's only good for when things go boom. :D

LOL, yep, those are the best moments.