The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ships, Devices, etc. (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   deg3D_TOS.5.2 ENTERPRISE (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9510)

deg3D 09-09-2009 11:15 AM

deg3D_TOS.5.2 ENTERPRISE

Heya fellow Trekkers!

Redid my TOS.5 E, and for those of us that enjoy this type of thing, here is the first scenography to come of her.

For the record:

This is just a quickie shot after finishing up the LightWave conversion of my E. Always loved this esp.

The space amoeba is a digi-picture I shot off my HD TV while playing the video tape of the original (not remastered) eps. I thought about trying to (re)do the effect myself, but then decided I would never be able to do it as well as Frank Van Der Veer did. That is such an amazing effect, IMO. One of the best in TOS VFX history, IMO.

I had to blur it a touch due to video play-back/taking a pic of the screen/digi-artifacts, but I figure it just works as some DOF in a pinch. After all, it is 11,000 miles across, and even a planet looks a touch blurry from space. That's my story anywho, LOL. Hadda make do with what I had, as it was just a quickie, as I get itchin' to make art after doing all the model tech stuff for so long to get her lookin' good. Much more to come.

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for lookin'. :D

The "model" shots:

View: 3/4 Fore

View: 3/4 Aft

View: Port

View: 3/4 Aft Ventral

View: 3/4 Fore Dorsal

Note: There are lots more scenography (and stats & orthographic) shots being added throughout the thread as I get them done.

deg

Saquist 09-10-2009 06:20 AM

I like it. I like the realism the ship has been given.

jla1987 09-10-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saquist (Post 254248)
I like it. I like the realism the ship has been given.

Same here. It's great work!:thumbup:

deg3D 09-10-2009 08:42 AM

Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoy her like I do, eh. :)

deg

PS. Added some links above to the "model" shots, if interested...

Saquist 09-10-2009 09:34 AM

The Deflector and the Engine tips are the best parts.

KJTrek 09-12-2009 02:37 PM

So by "redid" what do you mean? Is this a new model, something with some tweaks? Just curious. As always your stuff is amazing.

deg3D 09-13-2009 05:52 PM

Thanks, dude!

All new surfacing as far as any luminescent surfaces were redone, as well as adding real lights for all the nav lights, etc., and a self-lighting rig based on TMP-E. And the dish was given the traditional copper color, as well as the nacelle domes effect being completely redone. Other small tweaks as well, too numerous to recall and/or list...

Here are the first of the previous TOS.5 shots (L) updated to the TOS.5.2 (R) E.

deg

jla1987 09-13-2009 06:26 PM

I'm really loving the Barrier shots! Fantastic! :D

deg3D 09-14-2009 01:30 PM

Thanks, my friend. Glad you likey, eh. :)

deg

celticarchie 09-15-2009 06:46 AM

Hey deg3D, I just wanted to say that I think your Enterprise is the best!:thumbup:

I think you have the balance between the original shapes and updating the detail to give the old gal the look of a real starship.:001_wub: It's like you could actually catch a shuttle and go aboard her.