The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Voyager (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Least Desirable Villian? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9309)

Beetlescott 08-14-2009 08:17 AM

Least Desirable Villian?

Of all the Villians on Voyagers long journey home, which was the hardest to watch? I loved most of them but the Malon was very difficult to watch. Everytime I watched an episode with the malon, I wanted to cough! I could just smell the radiation and fumes that came from them. The blisters and marks on them was just "yuck". Who were your least favorite villians in Voyager?

Zardoz 08-14-2009 08:19 AM

Vidians, they just got...boring...

Beetlescott 08-14-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 247639)
Vidians, they just got...boring...

The good thing about the Vidians, they weren't around too long. I actually found them, and their quest quite interesting.

Zardoz 08-14-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlescott (Post 247641)
The good thing about the Vidians, they weren't around too long. I actually found them, and their quest quite interesting.

At first they were...I agree. But by the time of the episode where the Doctor tries to cure the Phaige with that Vidian lady...I just didn't care anymore.:D

Beetlescott 08-14-2009 08:33 AM

Yes, that was indeed the weakest episode of the Vidian. I am having a Voyager marathon right now, currently on season 6. The other day, I watched "Think Tank" for the third time. I caught something I had missed before. The Jason Alexander character told Janeway they had come up with a cure for the Vidian phage. So maybe they all received a cure:)

kevin 08-14-2009 08:35 AM

None of the Voyager foes were very memorable.

Although by the time Voyager got to season 6, the ship should have been way, way past the Vidiian's part of the quadrant.

It would be interesting to know how exactly the Tank managed to find them, cure it and administer it - if that's what they di.

Zardoz 08-14-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlescott (Post 247655)
Yes, that was indeed the weakest episode of the Vidian. I am having a Voyager marathon right now, currently on season 6. The other day, I watched "Think Tank" for the third time. I caught something I had missed before. The Jason Alexander character told Janeway they had come up with a cure for the Vidian phage. So maybe they all received a cure:)

Just because they invented one, doers not mean they shared it...lol...:D

janeway72 08-14-2009 01:20 PM

Did the think tank not have some super duper transwarp way of moving around the galaxy.

I have to say, I didn't much care for the early Kazon episodes but they got better once Seska joined the ranks. I thought they were quite boring with all the different sects.

Roysten 08-14-2009 01:45 PM

I didn't like the Kazon, they were just annoying. The slight running theme of Janeway trying to forge an alliance between the sects was good but not developed enough. The Seska thing was quite good, though we never really got to grip with her motives, surely she'd have wanted to get back to the Alpha Quadrant and not spend her life with the Kazon...

Captain Tom Coughlin 08-14-2009 01:46 PM

The real question is, what did the think tank get in return for that cure?