The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   the END OF THE WORLD!!! (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911)

Admiral Archer 03-01-2008 05:27 PM

the END OF THE WORLD!!!

So, when do you think the world will end?
Do you think Global Warming is reversible, or is it too late?
Do you think mankind will survive long enough to see what the 23rd Century will really be like?

Honestly, if mankind survives past 2012, I'll be pleasantly surprised!
That isn't pessimism, I just think it's too late to reverse the problem, plus no one seems willing to do anything about it...

RouX 03-02-2008 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Archer (Post 20613)
So, when do you think the world will end?

Ummm... a million years time? How many is a kazillion?

Anyway, a LONG time, so stop worrying yourself to death and enjoy your brief time here.

LL&P

RouX

Chris Fawkes 03-02-2008 06:04 AM

I don't believe in global warming myself.
Hmm, Mercury is hotter than Mars because it has greenhouse gases and Mars does not. Anyone from the third grade on should know why Mercury is hotter than Mars.
And how about all the photos from years ago compared to present day photos. No mention of what season those photos were taken in.
Just a scam to con the masses and make dollars. The new y2k.
I guess it's easier to believe something when others do.

Hawku 03-02-2008 07:12 AM

The end is coming soon, thanks to Skynet.

_Eris_ 03-02-2008 11:34 AM

I was actually just thinking of the 'significance' of 2012 thanks to
a co-worker...
So then, what's so significant about it? So what if the Mayan calendar ends
at 2012...

MissionTrek08 03-02-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes (Post 20823)
Hmm, Mercury is hotter than Mars because it has greenhouse gases and Mars does not. Anyone from the third grade on should know why Mercury is hotter than Mars.

I'm puzzled how Mercury can have greenhouse gasses when it doesn't even have an atmosphere? Or are you making fun of someone else's notion that Mercury has greenhouse effect?

Gary Seven 03-02-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 (Post 20900)
I'm puzzled how Mercury can have greenhouse gasses when it doesn't even have an atmosphere?

"Yeah..but its a dry heat."

MissionTrek08 03-02-2008 01:32 PM

True that! Good one. :lol:

GODHOOD 03-02-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Eris_ (Post 20896)
I was actually just thinking of the 'significance' of 2012 thanks to
a co-worker...
So then, what's so significant about it? So what if the Mayan calendar ends
at 2012...

Actually we don't know what happens on 2012, there are speculations. It could either be a shift of the land continents on Earth which causes death and destruction, some sort of human enlightenment, or the anti-Christ, take your pick.

Will Smith's I'AM Legend shows the year 2012 in the beginning of the film, and a major studio is already talking about a 2012 movie.

CaptRay 03-02-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fawkes (Post 20823)
And how about all the photos from years ago compared to present day photos. No mention of what season those photos were taken in.
Just a scam to con the masses and make dollars. The new y2k.
I guess it's easier to believe something when others do.

I agree never believed in the "global Warming" lie. Even the head metorologist of the Weather Channel dismissed it. Natural Volcano erputions release more leathal gasses than our cars. Just a way of making more $$ to me.