The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is there a way to put William Shatner in the Sequel? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9053)

Enterprise NCC-1701-A 07-31-2009 05:38 PM

Is there a way to put William Shatner in the Sequel?

I just had this crazy idea and it all came to me watching Star Trek Generations. let's say what if after kirk saved the Enterprise-B from the energy ribbon what IF instead kirk might be thrown into the alt. universe. i wonder if this is possible since the ribbon is capable to travel in space time?

Venger 07-31-2009 05:57 PM

Not necessary. Shat had his Trek and now the torch has been turned over to a new crew. Spock really is the only decent way of introducing an original member into this timeline. Unless they de-age Shat or something but it's still a pointless undertaking.

I dismiss the whole generations movie anyway. My understanding of the Nexus is that once you are inside it there's no way out. (Do you just walk or swim out?) Once Picard and Kirk were pulled in they went about fixing what had happened to change events. But they are still inside the Nexus so how did they fix anything in real time and get out to enjoy it? It's like the TNG episode where Moriarty tries to free himself the second time from the holodeck. At the end. Picard is holding the holo program thing but inside the program is still running and Moriarty thinks life is going on like normal but he's actually still inside it having no effect on the real world.

TGElder 07-31-2009 06:02 PM

NO_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O!!!

We did this thread already. Shatner is dead to Trek. ONLY Nimoy got a second chance at life.

Samuel 07-31-2009 06:21 PM

No.

'nuff said.

JoeFromEarth 07-31-2009 06:33 PM

perhaps NimoySpock has a picture of his friend ShatKirk. any further... no

Vincent Cain 07-31-2009 06:53 PM

No.
Just no.
No more Shat.
He's got his own thing going now.

The Guardian 07-31-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enterprise NCC-1701-A (Post 240593)
I just had this crazy idea and it all came to me watching Star Trek Generations. let's say what if after kirk saved the Enterprise-B from the energy ribbon what IF instead kirk might be thrown into the alt. universe. i wonder if this is possible since the ribbon is capable to travel in space time?

If Nimoy is in the next film, he could have a "memory" about Kirk and have Shatner come back that way. He could show up if the crew is sent forward in time as Kirk's older self. There are always possibilities.....

Captain Shaw 07-31-2009 07:37 PM

Sadly I agree...Shatner just doesn't fit into the new Movies...Pine IS Kirk now.

Venger 07-31-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Guardian (Post 240619)
If Nimoy is in the next film, he could have a "memory" about Kirk and have Shatner come back that way. He could show up if the crew is sent forward in time as Kirk's older self. There are always possibilities.....

Of course there are always possibilities. It's about knowing the right thing to do. And Shatner isn't it. Neither is more time travel. We just landed here, let's not go jumping off to somewhere else.

omegaman 07-31-2009 08:38 PM

Please, no more Nimoy or Shatner. It's time to let them go!