The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trek 11's Transporter Effect, Did You Like It? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8775)

Zardoz 07-16-2009 06:38 AM

Trek 11's Transporter Effect, Did You Like It?

I haven't seen this one.

I felt they did a nice job updating the classic transporter effect. Much more belivable to me.

shpock 07-16-2009 06:47 AM

i thought it was great!

i also loved the new sounds. :thumbup:

Lady Vaako 07-16-2009 07:03 AM

I really liked it because it was different from anything we had seen before (if my memory serves me well :D).

Just a side note but that particular shot of Zachary Quinto gives me goosebumps every time I see it because IMO he's a dead-ringer for Leonard Nimoy here.

Zardoz 07-16-2009 08:15 AM

I do agree!

Botany Bay 07-16-2009 08:52 AM

I liked the effect a lot. There was just one moment where the effect looked a little strange. When Spock and the Vulcan High Council materialize on the transporter pad while Vulcan dies, there is this moment where Spock raises his hand to reach out to his mother. He does that during the materialization process and the blue swirling follows his hand. I think that looked a little odd.

Pauln6 07-16-2009 08:58 AM

Well I hated it! I still prefer the sort of effects from the TWOK era.

Zardoz 07-16-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botany Bay (Post 231965)
I liked the effect a lot. There was just one moment where the effect looked a little strange. When Spock and the Vulcan High Council materialize on the transporter pad while Vulcan dies, there is this moment where Spock raises his hand to reach out to his mother. He does that during the materialization process and the blue swirling follows his hand. I think that looked a little odd.

yes...but it made sense it would follow...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauln6 (Post 231969)
Well I hated it! I still prefer the sort of effects from the TWOK era.

Hmmm...they were ok..liked TOS/TNG's better for a series.

Kiko Kea 07-16-2009 09:12 AM

I like it- a nice effect with the swirling.

That scene was very well done- the planet breaking apart and Spock's arrival. Every time I see the movie, I notice a bit more about it.

kevin 07-16-2009 09:18 AM

I liked the swirl effect and the sounds. Not a million miles different, but nicely revised for a fresh look.

And that Spock beam down is one of my favourite moments in the film as well. For some reason the imagery just reeks of TOS for some reason.

OneBuckFilms 07-16-2009 11:05 AM

I liked it. Certainly more 3 dimentional that what we've seen before.