The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hey JTrek, Here's the Pix of the Garden (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8484)

jerhanner 06-23-2009 08:12 AM

Hey JTrek, Here's the Pix of the Garden

That's the porch stuff. Keep in mind we haven't mowed for over 2 weeks cause of the rain...

Here's looking down to the fire pit:

And here's the Buddha garden - I still have to put the stones around him, but the plants are in:

I'm too ashamed of the other bed to post pictures - once I mow, I'll show you!

jtrek79 06-23-2009 09:21 AM

stunning , absolute stunning , u re among green , thats healthy and resting , i am a suburban-all i see is streets (i am talking about my house in athens not my summer house-that is paradise)i see u have plenty of house gear,are those pine trees?

how far are u from NY city,i cant believe NY is so green,all i ve seen is steel and glass

jer u re very fine gardener , and a five star householder , i wish my fiance would follow your footsteps,she's a lousy householder , gardener.

i imagine u and your family observe the stars every night lying on the grass;)

NCC-73515 06-23-2009 09:24 AM

Where is the giant rabbit? :p

jerhanner 06-23-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC-73515 (Post 224628)
Where is the giant rabbit? :p

You can see Harvey too? That's so wierd.

Jtrek, I'm outside of Albany - about 480 kilometers north of NYC. Believe it or not, once you're outside of Manhattan, NY is a very rural state - lots of cows, orchards, mountains, etc. When people come up to Albany from NYCity they tend to ***** about being "stuck in the country." But I'm glad you like my garden!

jtrek79 06-23-2009 10:07 AM

of course , its beautiful:)

Kiko Kea 06-23-2009 11:08 AM

Forgive me, but at the mention of a garden, I had to look! :001_smile:

I am envious of your large yard. We are in Paradise, blessed with a zero lot line rental that does has a thin strip of garden space on 2 sides, so I can putter year round. But, we dream of having a large lot...room for a veg garden...maybe a few acres...(one day, when we return to the mainland)

Anyway, I think your garden looks very nice. Yellow always brightens up an area and I like the purpley-pink flowers. And you have lovely trees. Your home looks like it is very quiet and peaceful.

If I may make a suggestion, have you thought of putting in a row of evergreen shrubs along the wall where your meter is? A dark green backdrop would also set off the other colors.

jerhanner 06-23-2009 11:20 AM

The long-range plan is to get some morning glories going up the meter-wall, but I like the idea of something all green to set off the other colors! I also just discovered that there's such a thing as yellow lavender, which will be joining the yellow flowers & lavender next year!

Kiko Kea 06-23-2009 04:45 PM

Yellow lavender?!? Wow! A nice drift of that along the driveway would be lovely.

By the way, is that a bottle tree behind your Buddha garden? :001_smile: In the South, where I grew up, you might see bottle trees. Sometimes, people would take a sturdy dead limb/small tree and stick the bottles on the limb's ends.

KJTrek 06-23-2009 04:56 PM

Where is the Jacob's Ladder? lol I can't find it! Well your gardens look great! I am lovin' the Buddha - I wanna rub his belly for good luck.

jerhanner 06-23-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJTrek (Post 224781)
Where is the Jacob's Ladder? lol I can't find it! Well your gardens look great! I am lovin' the Buddha - I wanna rub his belly for good luck.

The Jacob's Ladder is blooming nicely - both of them - nestled in the bed that you'll see after I mow the lawn! :001_tongue: