The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Do You Have a "Frenemy"? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8461)

Star Trek Viewer 06-21-2009 08:24 AM

Do You Have a "Frenemy"?

A "frenemy" is someone who is supposed to be your friend but is really your enemy, or maybe someone who is your competition but who needs to get along with you for some reason. A competitor for promotion that you work with on a team might be a "frenemy," I guess.

So, do you have one, and what do you think of him or her?

Just asking.

jerhanner 06-21-2009 11:56 AM

Hmmmm.... my sister in law is someone who normally I wouldn't give the time of day to, but I have to play nice at family gatherings... but she's more of a frasshole than a frenemy...

chator 06-21-2009 12:06 PM

I had a few of those in the past and maybe one currently. My problem has been in not recognizing that these "so-called" friends were not looking out for my best interest, but their own, and not being courageous enough to deal with the issue for the sake of friendship.

KJTrek 06-21-2009 12:07 PM

I just laughed Jerhanner! lol "Frasshole"...

Well, there's a kid who I've been friends with since like 3rd grade, but we've never been "best" friends, and as of recent has become the perfect student - extremely popular and winning every imaginable award. So, although I at times want to be his friend, I prefer to hate him and envy him :D

NCC-73515 06-21-2009 03:07 PM

Some of my best friends have turned their backs on me and I never found out why.

martok2112 06-21-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 223967)
Hmmmm.... my sister in law is someone who normally I wouldn't give the time of day to, but I have to play nice at family gatherings... but she's more of a frasshole than a frenemy...

Nice!! (not to make light of your relationship...it was just funny how you put it) :thumbup::lol:

horatio 06-21-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Trek Viewer (Post 223889)
A competitor for promotion that you work with on a team might be a "frenemy," I guess.

That's why they are called colleagues and not friends.

jerhanner 06-21-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martok2112 (Post 224074)
Nice!! (not to make light of your relationship...it was just funny how you put it) :thumbup::lol:

She's one of those who worry that D&D will lead to Satanism, but buys her 10 year old son M rated games.... :banghead:

Jed Starkiller 06-22-2009 06:00 AM

D&D ROCKS! I do like the new Turn undead rules in 4th ed.

martok2112 06-22-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 224096)
She's one of those who worry that D&D will lead to Satanism, but buys her 10 year old son M rated games.... :banghead:

OMG, I will seriously laugh my butt off then if she ended up buying her kid "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". :D