The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NASA Moon Launch in 5 hours... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8409)

Ditroi 06-18-2009 08:03 AM

NASA Moon Launch in 5 hours...

The space shuttle launch has been scrapped until July because of fuel tank leaks and the lunar launch has been moved up to today. My sister's mentors has worked on this project at Goddard. She will be watching the launch with the folks there. This mission is to begin laying down to ground work for manned missions to the moon, resource extraction and colonization.

Live video from NASA TV: [link]

Mission details: [link]

If you look at the high res photo here: [link] You can see the lunar rocket in the front and the Space Shuttle in the back.

If you want to know what it takes to get a shuttle ready for launch... I have a pdf slideshow here: [link]

Jed Starkiller 06-18-2009 08:20 AM

Ditroi Wow I didn't know we had plans for this. I"ll have to set my DVR to record the NASA channel today! THanks for the info!

Ditroi 06-18-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller (Post 222628)
Ditroi Wow I didn't know we had plans for this. I"ll have to set my DVR to record the NASA channel today! THanks for the info!

I was totally distracted by the events happening in Iran. My sister told me about it last night... They are watching the launch from the auditorium. LOL There will be cake she says! :001_tongue: :patriot:

Jed Starkiller 06-18-2009 08:44 AM

Glad I can go home at lunch to so I set my DVR.

RedShirtsRuS 06-18-2009 09:51 AM

Do you guys remember when astronauts were treated like national heros and the entire country would watch and the astronauts would meet the president and all that jazz?

Now they're lucky if any news organisation pays attention to the space program when there is a successful launch or return trip.

The news media seems to LOVE covering NASA when there's a disaster though.

I miss the 60's.

Ditroi 06-18-2009 09:54 AM

That's why we need to increase the chatter everywhere. People are too distracted by little things to be aware of the big things going on.

Jed Starkiller 06-18-2009 10:11 AM

Talk about lack of coverage the Nasa station on Dish doesn't list the launch on its Guide.

Ditroi 06-18-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller (Post 222684)
Talk about lack of coverage the Nasa station on Dish doesn't list the launch on its Guide.

Yeah... I'm spreading the news via twitter, facebook, aim, deviantart...

Watching it online here at work.

Jed Starkiller 06-18-2009 10:28 AM

I wish I could watch it here at work. :(

Ditroi 06-18-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller (Post 222708)
I wish I could watch it here at work. :(

that sucks! so bummer!