The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Helping the elderly (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8355)

spokthecool 06-15-2009 04:38 PM

Helping the elderly

I help the elderly once a week at a nursing home i find that it makes me very happy to help older people. They need all the help they can get I always want to help in the community because it also brings joy I like helping othets instead of myself i put others before me. Other kids at school make fun of me because of it i find it very hard not to say something mean back what do i do? i feel like i want to punch them:boxing_smiley: but i cant do that what should i do?

Zardoz 06-15-2009 04:43 PM

Hold your head high and know you are doing good, and making people very happy. Puching never solves anything, but if it comes to it, defend yourself.

spokthecool 06-15-2009 04:49 PM

thats a good thing to do i hate when kids want to fight

Zardoz 06-15-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokthecool (Post 221090)
thats a good thing to do i hate when kids want to fight

Remember it takes more bravery to walk away from a fight. Just tell them "Your not worth it" and walk away.

Also, there is no shame in defending yourself if they start something.

DammitJim 06-15-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokthecool (Post 221086)
what should i do?

keep up the good work and use more full stops:001_smile:

there are so many ways of dealing with those kids giving you a hard time.

ignore it, nod your head and agree until they get fed up and quit, point out how clearly they are obsessed with the situation, etc.

meh, jerk is jerks:sad:

That Metal Beastie 06-15-2009 05:10 PM

Getting joy from helping others means you have a good heart. Thank you for being such a good person and keep up the good work! The world needs more people like you. All of your friends here are very proud of you. You should be proud of yourself. :001_smile:

KJTrek 06-15-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokthecool (Post 221086)
I help the elderly once a week at a nursing home i find that it makes me very happy to help older people. They need all the help they can get I always want to help in the community because it also brings joy I like helping othets instead of myself i put others before me. Other kids at school make fun of me because of it i find it very hard not to say something mean back what do i do? i feel like i want to punch them:boxing_smiley: but i cant do that what should i do?

Listen to Zardoz, he has some great advice. You should by no means pay attention to what they're saying. You're doing the right thing, and it's terrible for them to put you down for it. Punching them won't solve anything though, and you'll be the one in trouble if you do. Maybe you should talk to someone you trust, either a parent or a teacher at school.

Hang in there whatever happens! :001_smile:

Zardoz 06-15-2009 05:22 PM

I hope we were of some help to you.

spokthecool 06-15-2009 05:48 PM

yes you guys are i love the help i love to learn and help others i hate when kids think that they can make fun of others but i wll keep my head high and not give up man you guys rock! you guys are like the helpers for the weak man i luv you guys not in the bad way but you get what i mean

That Metal Beastie 06-15-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokthecool (Post 221132)
yes you guys are i love the help i love to learn and help others i hate when kids think that they can make fun of others but i wll keep my head high and not give up man you guys rock! you guys are like the helpers for the weak man i luv you guys not in the bad way but you get what i mean

We get what you mean and we love you back.(In the good way!):001_smile: