The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's up with the new Hotmail? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8316)

Quark 06-13-2009 03:15 PM

What's up with the new Hotmail?

To me, it just seems like a database for all of your MSN messenger contacts. It has really changed and it's hard to just add contacts without having to request them to use the actual Windows Live Messenger. I remember back in the day when Hotmail was simply just an MSN e-mailing service that provided an instant messenger. Now, it seems to be the total opposite: an instant messenger providing an e-mail service. :thumbdown:

Zardoz 06-13-2009 03:23 PM

I've heard that from other hotmail users...probably form the same ding dongs who got rid of Outlook express (a good email program) and replaced it with the ever lame Windows Mail.

KJTrek 06-13-2009 04:29 PM

I must say I think Live Mail is better than Outlook Express, after using OE for most of my (short) life and then recently upgrading to Live. It has many more features for controlling the text and is quicker from my experience.

But, as of recent I've had a good deal of difficulty logging into Live, and I'm wondering if there are issues on Microsoft's end, because I can't seem to be able to visit the Live websites either.

Zardoz 06-13-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJTrek (Post 219878)
I must say I think Live Mail is better than Outlook Express, after using OE for most of my (short) life and then recently upgrading to Live. It has many more features for controlling the text and is quicker from my experience.

But, as of recent I've had a good deal of difficulty logging into Live, and I'm wondering if there are issues on Microsoft's end, because I can't seem to be able to visit the Live websites either.

Ever since Vista appeared MS has had problems....

KJTrek 06-13-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 219884)
Ever since Vista appeared MS has had problems....

lol well hopefully Windows 7 will be our savior. It's shaping up to be quite the OS for MS :001_smile:

Zardoz 06-13-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJTrek (Post 219890)
lol well hopefully Windows 7 will be our savior. It's shaping up to be quite the OS for MS :001_smile:

We can hope....

kukalakana 06-13-2009 10:28 PM

Well... Let's just say, I changed to gmail recently because of how the new hotmail format sucks so much.

FranCat 06-14-2009 03:57 AM

The first thing I do when I get my hands on a computer, is set up a user account, (if sharing it) then Install FireFox, Yahoo Messenger, and then disable Internet Explorer, Windows anything except updates, and all Microsoft Office apps... I never have a problem using my Yahoo email or anything else, unless my entire internet connection goes offline. The only Microsoft Product I use is the OS...currently XP, but hoping to upgrade to 7 later...gotta do some rebuilding on this computer, though...it doesn't meet all of the minimum system requirements for 7, yet. I tried the original, 'built-in' products, and could not stand them...always getting interupted by "are you sure you want to do that?" messages; don't get hardly any, without the 'built-ins' running...LOL

Zardoz 06-14-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kukalakana (Post 219983)
Well... Let's just say, I changed to gmail recently because of how the new hotmail format sucks so much.

You and thoudands of others.:D

KJTrek 06-14-2009 09:14 AM

Our ISP made a switch to Gmail across the board and moved all of its users to it, and my family absolutely couldn't stand it. It was confusing, difficult, and lacked some features. I have a feeling it may have been just the version that our ISP created though. Eventually I was able to get us to Windows Live Mail (without a Live account for my parents) and it's much like the Outlook Express they had before.