The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Official Conan O'Brien's New Tonight Show Thread (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8091)

Star Trek Viewer 06-02-2009 01:22 PM

The Official Conan O'Brien's New Tonight Show Thread

I didn't see the first Tonight show hosted by Conan O'Brien. Did you? What did you think of it?

I used to watch the late night shows but now I'm too busy and usually surf the 'Net or go to sleep. :001_cool:

T'Pau 06-02-2009 01:56 PM

I didn't see it either. Caught about 10 minutes of Jay's last show before I gave up out of boredom and went to bed.

I love Stephen Colbert, but all the other late-night guys have kind of lost me.

Star Trek Viewer 06-02-2009 02:24 PM

I guess I've just heard enough late-night type jokes for a while. None of them are all that funny to me anymore.

I guess my sense of humor has evolved. Or something.

jla1987 06-02-2009 03:42 PM

I watched everything up to the Will Ferrel interview. I like Conan, so I'm a fan already. It's a big change from Leno (who I enjoyed) and WAY different than Letterman (can't stand him).

tannerwaterbury 06-02-2009 04:40 PM

Circle! Circle! Circle!

jla1987 06-02-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury (Post 213222)
Circle! Circle! Circle!

That would have been one awesome Universal tour! :thumbup:

chator 06-02-2009 05:09 PM

So Leno retired? Rode off into Biker Heaven? I heard he was recently hospitalized, but i didn't know he had left the Tonight Show. The last show i saw was the one that guest starred the President.

As for Conan, i never cared much for his Frat-boy humor, or his physical comedy routines.

MrQ1701 06-02-2009 05:35 PM

I just don't think Conan O'Brian was the right person for the Tonight show. I've watched his show every now and then and it was okay. His style of comedy isn't really what the Tonight needed. I think the Tonight show will suffer a slow death now.

chator 06-02-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQ1701 (Post 213246)
I just don't think Conan O'Brian was the right person for the Tonight show. I've watched his show every now and then and it was okay. His style of comedy isn't really what the Tonight needed. I think the Tonight show will suffer a slow death now.

I have to agree. I just don't think Conan has any class. His humor ranges from bathroom humor to iconoclasm. What the Tonight show needs is someone who could do political-societal humor and inside (Hollywood) industry jokes as well. Maybe the writers will clean him up, unless he replaces them all. :thumbdown:

sir num nums 06-02-2009 06:44 PM

His first show was OK last night.
Jimmy Fallon is the one that sucks at hosting a talk show. This guy is in his mid 30's and still acts like a little nervous butthead.