The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Funniest Pixar or Or Other 3-D Animated Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8041)

Star Trek Viewer 05-31-2009 10:57 AM

Funniest Pixar or Or Other 3-D Animated Movie

What is your vote for the funniest Pixar or other 3-D animated movie? Offhand, I would say it's either A Bug's Life or Monsters, Inc., although I also liked Toy Story and Shrek. :thumbup:

I think they had the most unexpected jokes and funniest characters.

What's your opinion?

Please use spoiler tags if you are going to be discussing the new movie, Up.

Samuel 05-31-2009 11:36 AM

Monsters, Inc. But I havent seen Monsters vs Aliens yet and I really like the premise. Especially the alien invader who says "its nothing personal, its just business". Immediately reminded me of Michael Corelone. :001_tongue:

kevin 05-31-2009 11:38 AM

Does the South Park movie count? It is animated.

Assuming we're going for a less than adult audience then, I would say, for me - A Bug's Life.

Zardoz 05-31-2009 11:47 AM

I really enjoyed Monsters Vs. Aliens!

jerhanner 05-31-2009 12:19 PM

I'd go with The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, and Cars. I liked A Bug's Life, but the lead male ant annoyed me for some reason. Monster's Inc. was good, too.

Have you checked out the Pixar Shorts DVD? The short called "Mike Wisowski's New Car" is worth a look.

Star Trek Viewer 05-31-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 211673)
I'd go with The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, and Cars. I liked A Bug's Life, but the lead male ant annoyed me for some reason. Monster's Inc. was good, too.

Have you checked out the Pixar Shorts DVD? The short called "Mike Wisowski's New Car" is worth a look.

I haven't checked out that DVD, but it sounds like fun.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I love these Pixar-type movies. They're so bright and cheerful.

The Incredibles was pretty fun; I should have listed it in my first message.

I haven't seen Ratatouille, but it's supposed to be great. I have also yet to see Wall-E.

As far as South Park, I think that that kind of movie, and movies like Team America, are in a different category. I was thinking more of family-type films.

jerhanner 05-31-2009 01:11 PM

I admit to being very let down by Ratatouille. Wall-E was great, but it wasn't as light-hearted as the others.
If you've got netflix, they've got the pixar shorts dvd.

martok2112 05-31-2009 08:01 PM

I loved pretty much all the Pixar movies, and loved the hell out of the first Shrek (DreamWorks).

Still have not seen Cars yet.

Just went and saw UP. What a great movie! Good laughs, and even a few sad and poignant moments. Good family movie. It only got a PG for some action and peril. No unexpected harsh language.

Samuel 05-31-2009 08:31 PM

Cars is pretty predictable but fun. Great characters and plenty of in-jokes. Paul Newman is always good... even as a car. And of course Tommy Chong is a VW bus. :001_tongue:

Star Trek Viewer 05-31-2009 10:32 PM

I think that Pixar made Disney-type animation fun and cool again. I have nothing against 2-D animation; in fact, I think that films like Snow White and Beauty and the Beast are tremendous tributes to the artistry of traditional animation. But 3-D art has added a whole new dimension (pun not intended) to animation, and it's great that it's in such fine shape.