The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   STAR TREK has hit the $200 (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8014)

Captainaceventura27 05-30-2009 10:56 AM

STAR TREK has hit the $200

Star Trek made $3,650,000 on friday getting the Total Gross to $200,350,000 & Worldwide has made $292,365,063.

kevin 05-30-2009 10:57 AM

:thumbup:

Capt Dunsel 05-30-2009 11:02 AM

I wanted to see it a 6th time this week but waited for Friday just so it would be counted....

priell3 05-30-2009 12:18 PM

It has made the top 100 of All Time Domestic Box Office Gross according to boxofficemojo.com. Currently at #89. To date, also the top grossing film of 2009!

HFM 05-30-2009 12:21 PM

Really Sad actually
How a Great science fiction epic was literally destroyed for the almighty $$$$

Mayce1701 05-30-2009 12:56 PM

May I ask how it was destroyed? Really, I'm curious.

And destroyed for the almighty $$$$. Sorry, but Star Trek needed $$$$ so that we would still have Star Trek.

Samuel 05-30-2009 01:18 PM

Nah dont ask. It would be like asking someone why he thinks the sky turned mauve.

MrQ1701 05-30-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayce1701 (Post 211038)
May I ask how it was destroyed? Really, I'm curious.

And destroyed for the almighty $$$$. Sorry, but Star Trek needed $$$$ so that we would still have Star Trek.

Not this debate again! Admit it. This movies story is rather silly when placed under even a small amount of scrutiny. It's pure action with a little character development. The only good thing is the dialog. Sure, it's fun to watch and very exciting, but it doesn't stimulate any thought (other than the WTF!? moments). It's obvious what made Trek great and endure for so long was it's cerebral and sometimes "nerdy" aspects on television. It examined the human condition. This movie didn't do that in the least. It seems none of the movies actually did when I think about it. That makes it clear to me that movie goers in general won't drop serious cash to watch anything other than a "pew, pew, pew!" action space adventure, dumbed down version of Trek.

p.s. What did you like about Trek before this movie? Were those aspects present in this movie? Do you really want Trek to continue if it is a shallow version of it's former self?

RedShirtsRuS 05-30-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQ1701 (Post 211059)
Not this debate again! Admit it. This movies story is rather silly when placed under even a small amount of scrutiny. It's pure action with a little character development. The only good thing is the dialog. Sure, it's fun to watch and very exciting, but it doesn't stimulate any thought (other than the WTF!? moments). It's obvious what made Trek great and endure for so long was it's cerebral and sometimes "nerdy" aspects on television. It examined the human condition. This movie didn't do that in the least. It seems none of the movies actually did when I think about it. That makes it clear to me that movie goers in general won't drop serious cash to watch anything other than a "pew, pew, pew!" action space adventure, dumbed down version of Trek.

p.s. What did you like about Trek before this movie? Were those aspects present in this movie? Do you really want Trek to continue if it is a shallow version of it's former self?

I could apply everything you just said to TWOK.

I think you just said a whole lot of nothing.

I'll make a really long thread answering your question maybe later tonight.

AyanEva 05-30-2009 01:51 PM

Does every single thread have to veer off into this good/bad argument? It's not even close to being on topic.