The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gaila? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8009)

kevin 05-30-2009 10:02 AM

Gaila?

Did she live or die, does anyone know what ship she was on? She appears really popular so let's see what we see.

Capt-Kirk 05-30-2009 10:06 AM

Hello from Capt-Kirk , Gaila was assigned to The Uss Farragt now the Farragt went to warp before the Enterprise did so that ship would have been destoryed so she might have died. But there was a post here saying at the end of the movie she s in the Cadet crowd. When Kirk recieves the captain's award by the president of Starfleet Academy and shakes Admiral Pike's hand.

kevin 05-30-2009 10:08 AM

Now, there seems to some discussion about whether or not we clearly hear what ship she ends up on.

I thought it was Farragut as well. I need to pay close attention next time I see the film.

But yes, it's also the case she isn't in the end cadet scene (found that out from Memory Alpha).

Capt Dunsel 05-30-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt-Kirk (Post 210858)
Hello from Capt-Kirk , Gaila Went on The Uss Farragt now the Farragt went to warp before the Enterprise did so that ship would have been destoryed so she might have died. but there was a post here saying at the end of the movie she s in the Cadet crowd.

I don't think so but I hope I am wrong... I saw the move for the sixth time last night and I examined every face in that final crowd, looking for a green one - and didn't see her. That would be the best comfirmation that she managed to survive to be sure....

kevin 05-30-2009 10:10 AM

She was quite prominent in the earlier scene when Kirk is in trouble for the Kobayashi Maru, so her visible absence at the end is suggestive.

lonstar70 05-30-2009 10:16 AM

OK, my initial reaction was that she was assigned Farragut, since Uhura was mentioned as being assigned there, then someone was assigned to the Antares. Gaila turned to Uhura with a huge smile which makes me think she was assigned to Farragut too, and she was happy to be with her buddy and roomate Uhura. Of course, Uhura snapped the whip and got Spock to change her assignment, a little fact that annoyed me, but not so much.

So, I think she was on Farragut or Antares.

AyanEva 05-30-2009 10:24 AM

I'm certain she's not in the crowd scene at the end. :(

kevin 05-30-2009 10:28 AM

So either still waiting to be rescued, in hospital or deceased.

OneBuckFilms 05-30-2009 10:29 AM

I think there's another Orion girl in there somewhere.

But she was assigned to the Farragut with Uhura, and Uhura was pissed.

That scene actually helped Uhura's character, since she got to reveal some of her skillsets.

Lord Tribble 05-30-2009 10:35 AM

She's dead jim...

She wasn't on the Enterprise, and all the other ships were totalled.

And yes, Spocks whipped!:lol: