The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   UP (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7987)

TMRiddle1912 05-29-2009 04:36 PM

UP

Just got back from seeing UP and I only have one thing to say: GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Pixar has outdone itself with this one. I actually cried and I've never cried at a movie before. I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to write an in depth review, but I highly recommend you see this movie. You wont regret it.

T'Pau 05-29-2009 05:41 PM

I'm going with my kid this weekend. Can't wait!

I loved Wall-E so much I think I'd see anything Pixar put out after that.

NCC-73515 05-29-2009 05:45 PM

Wall-E was just a cheap Johnny 5 :p

TMRiddle1912 05-29-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T'Pau (Post 210407)
I'm going with my kid this weekend. Can't wait!

I loved Wall-E so much I think I'd see anything Pixar put out after that.

I loved Wall-E, too, but I thought this movie was better. In fact, I thoguht this was the best Pixar movie to date.

martok2112 05-29-2009 07:14 PM

I definitely want to see this movie. It looks hilarious.

Howlin' Wolf 05-29-2009 08:14 PM

Yeah, kinda stoked about this one myself. Prolly take the wife an little heathens this weekend.

jerhanner 05-29-2009 08:18 PM

Was the movie as good as The Incredibles? Or Cars? I hope so - Wall-E was good, but not 'fun' enough to watch over and over.

sir num nums 05-29-2009 09:40 PM

UP was good.

But Pixar keeps making these movies that are too long.

We screened the 3D version at work this past week, and the animation was great, and the 3D was alright too.

But the problem is that the movie has a couple of points where it just drags on for a few minutes. Pixar has had a problem with this since The Incredibles. A kids movie does not need to be nearly 2 hours long.

A few parts from UP could be taken out, and it would flow very well.

But... I have to say the best character in the movie is Doug... "Hi There!"

TMRiddle1912 05-29-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir num nums (Post 210543)
UP was good.

But Pixar keeps making these movies that are too long.

We screened the 3D version at work this past week, and the animation was great, and the 3D was alright too.

But the problem is that the movie has a couple of points where it just drags on for a few minutes. Pixar has had a problem with this since The Incredibles. A kids movie does not need to be nearly 2 hours long.

A few parts from UP could be taken out, and it would flow very well.

But... I have to say the best character in the movie is Doug... "Hi There!"

I agree that it was too long for a kid's movie. I also thought the overall subject matter was a little too adult for a kid to understand. All the kids in the theater I was in were getting fidgity about half way through and the parents kept telling them to be quiet because they were so caught up in the movie, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerhanner (Post 210499)
Was the movie as good as The Incredibles? Or Cars? I hope so - Wall-E was good, but not 'fun' enough to watch over and over.

I thought it was better than both Cars and Incredibles myself. But I personally thought those two were on the weaker end of the Pixar movies.

kevin 05-30-2009 12:11 AM

I do enjoy the Disney/Pixar films, but I never see them in cinemas because I just can't sit in a theatre full of kids and teenagers.