The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How many times have you seen...... (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7962)

kevin 05-28-2009 10:06 PM

How many times have you seen......

Given all the discussion on the main forum about how many times folks are going to see the new film it made me start to wonder -

Are there any other films you've ever gone to see more than once, or ended up seeing a really big number of times! :D

Have you ever walked out of a flick?

If so which ones?

kevin 05-28-2009 10:10 PM

For myself usually once is enough, I've seen Star Trek twice now and will end up seeing it at least twice more going by my current plans.

The only film i've seen more is Titanic which I confess I saw 5 times in 1998. Hey, I've been into the Titanic story since I was a kid!!

Films I've seen twice though (that I remember so far) are - Star Trek: First Contact, Scream, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Ring, and The Boat that Rocked.

The only film I've ever walked out of was Dreamcatcher in 2003. After about 45mins I just couldn't stomach the mess that film was and my friend and I left.

The most I know of anyone seeing a film was that same friend of mine, who in 1994 literally went insane for The Lion King and saw it 24 times (with ticket stubbs to prove it!)

FanWriter45 05-29-2009 05:53 AM

I saw Star Wars 37 times on it's original late 70's release. (and I met some life long friends in line)

The only movie I ever walked out on: "Pennies From Heaven" with Steve Martin. Totally didn't work for me.

horatio 05-29-2009 05:56 AM

I don't go often to the theatres, so ST09 was my record, four times. Never went out of a movie, but feel asleep during 'Minority Report', which had more to do with me than the movie.

Jed Starkiller 05-29-2009 06:07 AM

I've seen the Orginal Matrix twice, Star Wars Episode III 3 times. and Star Trek Twice. Thats all I can remember off hand.

That Metal Beastie 05-29-2009 06:13 AM

For years 2001 was my favorate film (and still is my fav sci-fi movie). I've seen it
over forty-five times! Thrice on the big screen as it should be seen.

The only movie I've ever walked out I can't remember the name of but it was a Bill Murray movie, his first dramatic role I believe, back in the eighties. I don't leave movies once I'm there, even the ones I'm not enjoying, for several reasons. The least of which not being the fact I'm an idiotic optimist and tend to give the filmakers the benefit of the doubt that there will be at least a scintilla of redeeming value to their
work. I've sat through a lot worse movies than that one but the GF was antsy and wanted to see SNL and I did as well. I forget who was the host or musical guest that night but I figured 'what the hell, I'll try anything once!'. Almost.

That Metal Beastie 05-29-2009 06:19 AM

Looked it up. That movie was The Razor's Edge also starring Theresa Russell and Catherine Hicks! Both (then) hot! I might try it again. Who knows? Its been twenty-five years.

Zardoz 05-29-2009 06:20 AM

Seen and worked The Rocky Horror Picture Show well over 600 (six hundred) times.

That Metal Beastie 05-29-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz (Post 209946)
Seen and worked The Rocky Horror Picture Show well over 600 (six hundred) times.

Yow! Strangely enough for a movie buff I've only seen it once. And that was at home!! I know, I know....

Have you ever seen the sequel, Z?

Zardoz 05-29-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie (Post 209950)
Yow! Strangely enough for a movie buff I've only seen it once. And that was at home!! I know, I know....

Have you ever seen the sequel, Z?

Oh Shock Teatment? Sure, but maybe less than 12 times. It was pretty inferior to RHPS.