The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Enterprise (Refit) design PICS (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7915)

Enterprise NCC-1701-A 05-27-2009 05:48 AM

New Enterprise (Refit) design PICS

What do ya think. Just maybe the refit version of the Enterprise down the road.:cool:

Vincent Cain 05-27-2009 05:52 AM

That's actually a facinating concept!
But I'd really love to see an angled view on the nacelles, just to see how all those details play out in three dimensions.

Thascales 05-27-2009 05:54 AM

That's really nice! I could see the nacelles being a tiny bit weightier, but it looks great otherwise. Did you make this?

Edit: ah nvm, I found the creator's DeviantArt page. There's more cool stuff there, including updated and colourised versions. :)

http://madeinjapan1988.deviantart.com/

Enterprise NCC-1701-A 05-27-2009 06:16 AM

here's one in color. if abrams does decide to do a refit, this is the one.

vanvideo 05-27-2009 06:22 AM

Nice designs, but a refit? They just launched the damn thing! Talk about planned obsolescence.

The Science Officer 05-27-2009 06:25 AM

Now that looks really nice! The Reliant looks a little undeveloped, but that's a class job on the Enterprise.

The primary hull, secondary hull and connecting dorsal look fine.

I'd just pop in the docking hatches. The one in the secondary hull would disrupt the line down its length. You wouldn't have much choice as that is the vertical face of the hull. The TMP Enterprise got this wrong by putting the hatch too far up, which meant a transport pod would dock at an angle to the deck.

If it were me, I'd tweak the pylons and nacelles.
  • Shave a 10th of the length off the back of the nacelles. They look a tad too long.
  • At the narrowest point of the pylon (in its middle) Add a 10th of the width and follow the resulting curve down to the existing base.
I say that because I'm of the opinion that the new Abrams Enterprise doesn't look structurally sound at the back. The pylon connection to the nacelle is too far forward and too small. This design does a good job of correcting that and it looks like the connection is roughly centred under the nacelle's centre of mass.

This design works because you've got lines! Parts flow into each other. The Aston Martin of starships! Have you got a top and front view for this yet?

Steve Mavronis 05-27-2009 06:27 AM

That actually looks really cool, thanks for posting!

The Science Officer 05-27-2009 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Science Officer (Post 208467)
Have you got a top and front view for this yet?

That was quick. I hadn't had a chance to finish commenting on your previous post!

But still, it just works the second you look at it. You don't have to convince yourself it works or let it grow on you.

Now there's a top and front view, I can give it some more consideration.

Indestructible Object 05-27-2009 06:52 AM

Yeah I'd buy it. I like it better then the current ship! Nice work!

Enterprise NCC-1701-A 05-27-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Science Officer (Post 208467)
Now that looks really nice! The Reliant looks a little undeveloped, but that's a class job on the Enterprise.

The primary hull, secondary hull and connecting dorsal look fine.

I'd just pop in the docking hatches. The one in the secondary hull would disrupt the line down its length. You wouldn't have much choice as that is the vertical face of the hull. The TMP Enterprise got this wrong by putting the hatch too far up, which meant a transport pod would dock at an angle to the deck.

If it were me, I'd tweak the pylons and nacelles.
  • Shave a 10th of the length off the back of the nacelles. They look a tad too long.
  • At the narrowest point of the pylon (in its middle) Add a 10th of the width and follow the resulting curve down to the existing base.
I say that because I'm of the opinion that the new Abrams Enterprise doesn't look structurally sound at the back. The pylon connection to the nacelle is too far forward and too small. This design does a good job of correcting that and it looks like the connection is roughly centred under the nacelle's centre of mass.

This design works because you've got lines! Parts flow into each other. The Aston Martin of starships! Have you got a top and front view for this yet?

no top or forward view yet. but i'm sure they are comming.