The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Star Trek XI: The Movie (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Klingons: Ridges or no Ridges? (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790)

Livingston 02-21-2008 04:22 PM

Klingons: Ridges or no Ridges?

In this new movie, should Klingons appear, which I hope they do, do you think they'll go with a look similar to the Klingons of TOS or the Klingons from the later series?

HRH The KING 02-21-2008 04:30 PM

They should have ridges.

The explanation provided in ENT should be totally ignored.

Zardoz 02-21-2008 04:31 PM

I allways like GR's take on this, the "Ridged" Klingons were northern, and the "Smooth" ones were from the south.

Why not have both in the movie?

HRH The KING 02-21-2008 04:33 PM

It would be too confusing.

This movie is a fresh start and "Klingons With Ridges" has become the definitive image of that race. It does at least set them apart and make them distinct from human beings.

I've never heard that "north/south" thing, but it sounds like a joke anyway.

Bagheera 02-21-2008 04:33 PM

TOS Klingon got maked over and updated, period.

Ridges please. :P

RATEDNCC1701 02-21-2008 04:44 PM

I like the look of the ridges better, but I think if they want to follow the Trek timeline, they will not have ridges.

CommanderArcturusMensk 02-21-2008 04:48 PM

I think that that one ENT episode gave a satisfactory explanation about why Klingons didn't have ridges. I think that Klingons could be done in ST XI well without them. Its ultimately up to J.J. Abrams though. Ill be happy with whatever he does.

RATEDNCC1701 02-21-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommanderArcturusMensk (Post 16825)
I think that that one ENT episode gave a satisfactory explanation about why Klingons didn't have ridges. I think that Klingons could be done in ST XI well without them. Its ultimately up to J.J. Abrams though. Ill be happy with whatever he does.

Agreed.:thumbup:

Livingston 02-21-2008 04:57 PM

Seems most of you so far are for the ridges. I'd like to some without though. Timeline-wise they'd have them without I would think but it would be nice to see some Klingons with, some without. Remember the Klingons in Trek VI. I really liked the look of those guys, they looked very aristocratic, flushed out their culture more I thought. It'd be nice to see some of that sort of thing again. Chang had practically no ridges, very mean looking Klingon!

Saquist 02-21-2008 05:05 PM

Of course Klingons with no rides...
That was TOS...even Enterprise knew better than mess with that....
God I hope they have the sense to leave the Klingons without the ridiges.