The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   the office (http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7728)

spokthecool 05-20-2009 07:41 AM

the office

has anyone here seen this its very funny and it comes out on thursdays at 8 or 9 i would recomend seeing it

Odradek 05-20-2009 07:45 AM

it's great, but I liked extras even better
especially the Patrick Steward episode

Edit: oh, you probably meant the american version, forget what I said

That Metal Beastie 05-20-2009 07:49 AM

It's hard to believe there's anybody that's not seen or at least heard of The Office, stcool. I agree. It's an outstanding show. It's based on a British series which also very funny but with the 'British humor', not to everyone's US taste.

That Metal Beastie 05-20-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odradek (Post 203175)
it's great, but I liked extras even better
especially the Patrick Steward episode

Edit: oh, you probably meant the american version, forget what I said

The 'Randy' Steward ep Extras was hilarious, Odradek.:thumbup:

Odradek 05-20-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie (Post 203179)
It's based on a British series which also very funny but with the 'British humor', not to everyone's US taste.

Which leading man got offered a role in Star Trek, but refused because he was no fan

That Metal Beastie 05-20-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odradek (Post 203187)
Which leading man got offered a role in Star Trek, but refused because he was no fan

You tell me.:001_smile:

spokthecool 05-20-2009 08:13 AM

The office is so cool my favorite character is Dwight I also like jim and andy there funny. I have all the seasons so far

That Metal Beastie 05-20-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokthecool (Post 203205)
The office is so cool my favorite character is Dwight I also like jim and andy there funny. I have all the seasons so far

I like Dwight too. But Creed is my fav. He's the most subversive.

spokthecool 05-20-2009 08:30 AM

ya and he is like almost like a pervert but i like when he copied all the shrute bucks and asked dwight for money that was a funny one

starbase Britain 05-20-2009 02:19 PM

it amazes me this Bitish and American sense of humour. they are very different dont you think? ive seen both the USA and UK version and although im probably biased i have to say the British version is just awesome. one of the best comedies to come out of Great Britain in many a year i recon. I just dont get the USA one - no disrespect - i just dont. must be a cultural thing. when i heard that America is doing its own 'Office' i thought to myself 'why dont they just watch ours'? perhaps some of our stuff just wouldnt translate or something.

I heard a saying once that Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language' LOL which is very good i think. I love America and have visited many times over the years its my favourite place of all but the humour does go by me sometimes!!

starbase Britain